Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"Cherish the Moment"

Well it has taken me a few days to get my book cover painted. I did all the base painting and my wife did all the details for me. I had a wonderful time explaining to her the look that I was trying to seek in my (our :)) book. She is very talented and she actually used the same photo in a recent page challenge with My Minds Eye. Please feel free to visit her blog at http://pammejo-scrapbookflair.blogspot.com/ I am sure she would love it. Now back to my (our) book.
After I got all of my impressions placed into my chipboard book I was ready for the painting. I used Cermacoat Paint - Maroon Chocolat, Raw Sienna, Alpine Green, Spice Brown, Old Parchment, White, and Gypsy Rose.


This is the back of my book; Pam applied several different coats of Mod Podge mixed with paints and wiped it off with paper towels until she got the color blend that we were looking for. After it was dry we added the Butterfly die cut from My Minds Eye Carefree collection to the center of the book.

And here is our cover. Isn't it beautiful. We are so pleased with it.

Our papers are My Minds Eye Everyday Cherished Blessed Flowers/Devoted to Blue, Cherished Flowers/Everything Golden, Elegant print/Poised Purple paper, All Together Floral/Red Paper.

Again we did the front cover just as the back to get the blend to be the same. I painted all the butterflies, flowers, and leaves in and than Pam did all the details. It is really nice to live with a painter. The Cherish the Moment is a sticker from Deja Views Wonderful Words My Thoughts.

I than thought the larger flowers need some dimension so I add a few of the pink pearl gemstones to the centers of the 3 large flowers.

Again, make sure to visit her blog as well as my other DT's they would both enjoy hearing from you.



No comments:

Post a Comment